Friday, September 2, 2011

the most wonderful time of the year


it's the US Open, the wildest, craziest, noisiest tennis tournament in the universe. and that's just at our house! this evening we've been watching that twat andy murray play against the guga-esque robin haase and the sounds coming out of the dining room have been oohs, ahhs, shrieks and gammer frequently asking, "was that out?" as good as her eyesight is, i think a ball could hit a linesman on the forehead and gammer would still ask if the ball was out. it's just what she does. for the two weeks of grand slams, particularly the us open, gammer and I give up almost all of our other tv habits: news, movies on tcm, seinfeld, and ummmm, well that's about it. i've been watching tennis for a long time (thank you, mary) but I never realized gammer enjoyed it until I moved back to morrison avenue in 2008. and sometimes she hoots and hollers at the tv as much as I do! she, however, does not curse at andy murray. she's a lady, after all and I, alas, am not. I just hope the neighbors can't hear us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment