Wednesday, August 31, 2011

my old kentucky home



gammer and I went out to dinner last night and it was wonderful. we ate yummy food, giggled, and surprise of all surprises, gammer had a bourbon. now, this is something gammer used to drink more often, but as she's gotten older she has cut back (that sounds bad! i don't mean it to!). i actually burst out laughing when she ordered it, because it caught me off guard. life is full of surprises. :) so gammer drank a maker's mark on the rocks and her face got quite pink and afterward we went to see mary at work. she loves seeing mary at work and we never get out the door without gammer saying, "doesn't she look good??" and frankly, i think we're very entertaining for mary's coworkers. on the way out, gammer turned to me quite seriously and asked, "WHAT did I have to drink?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment